WHY ARE AMERICA'S MAIN STREETS IMPORTANT?
Main Streets are really the heartbeat of America's cities and towns. They play an important part in the long-term success of communities and really help build a sense of place. When Main Streets are strong, so are the communities that surround them.
The goal of the America's Main Streets contest is to help promote the importance and strong economic benefits of these Main Streets and the small businesses that help them thrive. Please help us by nominating and telling us about a deserving Main Street. The winning Main Street will receive $25,000 in cash and related prizes to help revitalize that Main Street.
Organizations that qualify for the contest include Downtown Improvement Districts, Business Improvement Districts, Independent Business Districts, Independent Business Associations, Local First groups and formal Main Street organizations.
If you have any questions about the contest, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
"$78.98 billion reinvested, 146,613 businesses started, 640,017 jobs created and 284,936 buildings rehabilitated since 1980."Source: Main Street America
- Grand Prize: $25,000
- STIHL Equipment Certificate: A certificate for $1000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the US.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- Nationwide Marketing Group $500 shopping spree
- PPG Paints® $500 shopping spree
- Free One Day Downtown Assessment from Flip this Town
- Public relations and social media recognition
- Special plaque awarded to the winner to proudly display