WHY ARE AMERICA'S MAIN STREETS IMPORTANT?
Main Streets are really the heartbeat of America's cities and towns. They play an important part in the long-term success of communities and really help build a sense of place. When Main Streets are strong, so are the communities that surround them.
The goal of the America's Main Streets contest is to help promote the importance and strong economic benefits of these Main Streets and the small businesses that help them thrive. Please help us by nominating and telling us about a deserving Main Street. The winning Main Street will receive $25,000 in cash and related prizes to help revitalize that Main Street.
There are many deserving local organizations that are working to help improve Main Streets and many of those are affiliated with Main Street America™. Main Street America is a program of the nonprofit National Main Street Center, a subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. If you are looking for a Main Street to nominate near you, please click here to visit their website and then look in the Main Street Programs map at the bottom of the page.
"Over $61 billion has been reinvested into America's Main Streets since 1980. Which in turn helped create 120,510 new businesses and rehabilitated 251,838 buildings." Source: Main Street America
- Grand Prize: $25,000
- STIHL Equipment Certificate: A certificate for $1000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the US.
- Tire Pros $500 certificate towards a set of Continental tires (up to $500).
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- PPG Pittsburgh Paints $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- Alignable small business social media "Neighborhood"
- Special plaque awarded to the winner to proudly display